Its good when you use loyalty points instead of cash and can save a lot of money.
What I had and what you may need.
- Hilton Honors account (Free to signup)
- I have diamond status but you can still save if you are silver or gold. You can get hilton diamond status here by matching it to other loyalty program if you hold similar status with them and see terms and conditions as well.
Cheapest price for 5 nights in executive kind room is 2,485 MYR or 563 USD.
How to do it.
- Hilton is having points sale now which will end on 01 May and gives you 100% bonus points.
- You can upto 80000 points a year + 80000 points bonus. (Some accounts can buy double of that).
- Buy 20000 points for 200 USD and get 20000 points bonus to cover stay in standard room in this hotel for 5 nights.
- As I am a diamond member. I will get executive lounge access and breakfast and almost every time I get upgraded to executive floor or suite.
- Now register for 2k everyday campaign by hilton which will give you 10000 points back after this stay if you have any incidental charges during this stay. You can spend as little as 1 USD for room service to get 10000 points.
- I booked using app which will give me 500 points.
- As a diamond member I will get 1000 Points
- Total I will get 11500 points back so the total cost for this stay is 28500 points and I value 1 hilton point = 0.005 USD (Total 28500 X 0.005 = 142.5 USD)
- Total saving 563 USD – 142.5 USD = 420.5 USD
You can get hilton diamond status here by matching it to other loyalty program if you hold similar status with them and see terms and conditions as well.
You can register for 2k everyday campaign here and see terms and conditions as well.
You can register for 500 bonus points for app booking here.
Best part to book with points is that it is flexible and you can cancel 1 day before arrival and stay is counted towards your loyalty as well.